Effective date: July 1, 2019
Extended Housing, Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://extendedhousing.org/ website (the “Service”). This page informs you (the user of the Service) of our policies regarding the collection, use, and/or disclosure of personal data collected when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
B. Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes as part of providing the Service.
- Types of Data Collected:
- Personal Data. While using the Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address; First and last names; Phone number; Address, State/Province, ZIP/Postal code, City; and Cookies and Usage Data. We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any or all of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
- Usage Data. We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”) by you. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Location Data. We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
C. Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes, including, but not limited to: providing and maintaining our Service; notifying you about changes to our Service; allowing you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so; providing customer support; gathering analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service; monitoring the usage of our Service; detecting, preventing, and addressing technical issues; and/or providing you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
D. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights: (i) Whenever made possible, you can access, update, or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you. (ii) You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete. (iii) You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data. (iv) You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information. (v) You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format. (vi) You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Extended Housing, Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information. (vii) You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
E. Retention of Data
F. Transfer of Data
G. Disclosure of Data
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: comply with a legal obligation; protect and defend our rights or property; prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; and/or protect against legal liability.
H. Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data but cannot guarantee the absolute security of such data. When you submit personal information (including credit card, address, email address, and phone number data) using our website – for example, if you register for an event, make an online donation, or submit an inquiry– we have systems in place that ensure people outside of Extended Housing cannot access your personal information. Tampering with the Service is against the law. If you or anyone tries to tamper with the Service, they may be punished under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
I. Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. These third parties may have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Such third parties may include:
- Google Analytics
J. Links to Other Sites
K. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone minors, i.e. anyone under the age of 18 years old (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that one of your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information.
M. Contact Us
- By visiting this page on our website: https://extendedhousing.org/contact-us/
- By phone: 440-352-8424
- By mail: 270 E. Main Street, Suite 300, Painesville, Ohio 44077