Extended Housing provides permanent supportive housing through the eighteen residential properties we own and manage throughout Lake County. These properties include condos, single- and multi-family homes, group homes, apartment buildings, and a residential care facility. We are working to develop more units of permanent supportive housing to help house more people in under-served areas of Lake County.
Our compassionate staff works with our clients to help them stay in their homes or find housing. Our program staff includes housing support workers, a homeless outreach team, and property management and maintenance staff.
We help our clients through rental and housing assistance programs, including loans, emergency vouchers, housing subsidies, and Shelter Plus Care. For more information on our programs, go here.
Services at Extended Housing, Inc. are made possible in part through the Lake County ADAMHS (Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services) Board. Established by Ohio statute, the ADAMHS Board is responsible for planning, funding, and evaluating Lake County’s mental health and recovery services. More information on the services provided through the ADAMHS Board and its network of local providers is available online at HelpThatWorks.us.
Extended Housing, Inc. is a private nonprofit corporation. Our mission is to support individuals with severe and persistent mental illness to live as independently as possible. We do this by creating, developing, and sustaining safe, decent, affordable housing options. Program enrollment requires low income and the diagnosis of a serious mental illness. This includes bipolar or major depression, schizophrenia, or other severe mental health disorders. Extended Housing, Inc.’s clients may also have drug and alcohol abuse disorders or be homeless.
Extended Housing, Inc. was founded in 1983 as a nonprofit property acquisition and management corporation. In 1986, Extended Housing, Inc. completed McNaughton Apartments, a HUD 202, Section 8 new construction project. This building contained 9 two-bedroom and 3 one-bedroom suites. We have managed this building since it opened its doors in March 1987.
Extended Housing, Inc. has expanded from its roots of property acquisition and management. Our work to date includes the following:
- Property acquisition, management, and maintenance (1983–present)
- Housing subsidy programs (1998–present)
- Housing loan program (2001–present)
- Housing support workers (2001–present)
- Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH, 2001–present)
- Housing and Employment Services Integration Program (HESIP, 2003–2007)
- PATH SSI and employment pilot program (2005–2007)
- Shelter Plus Care I (2005–present)
- Shelter Plus Care II and III (2010–present)
- Development and management of McKinley Grove Apartments (permanent supportive housing, 17 units, 2013–present)
- Residential care through North Coast House (24/7 for 14 residents, 2013–present)
- Emergency housing voucher program (2017–present)